25 Apr 2015

TRAVEL // AUSTRALIA


When I visited Australia, I wasn't all that impressed. We drove up the sunshine coast crammed on a bus full of 18-30 types that loved to laze on the beach during the day, then hit the bars once the sun had set. It wasn't for me, and I breathed a sigh of relief when I arrived in New Zealand and could soak up my spectacular surroundings. I've never had any thoughts about returning to Oz.

I'm now seeing another side to Australia. One with ancient rain forests, spectacular sunsets, sparkling oceans and golden beaches. Yes, I knew this was there the whole time; and I did have incredible experiences sleeping on sail boats, swimming at Whitehaven Beach, and admiring the Milky Way at night. But I didn't really seize the opportunity to explore my surroundings in the depth that I would have liked.

Three of my favourite Instagrammers have been exploring North Queensland this past week, and I've been enthralled by their visual interpretations of this lush and green land, so unlike my own experiences of the region. These girls could probably photograph any corner of the earth and make me want to visit. My travel bucket list just keeps extending itself it seems. If only far-flung travel companies would get in touch to whisk me off to the opposite corners of the world! Well, a girl can dream. 

Images 1-7 @helloemilie / Images 8-11 @katiemaryshriner / Images 12-15 @no.el__ 














2 comments

  1. Stunning photos, what editing software do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING your new blog design!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete