2 Jul 2013

Resort 2013/4: The Brit Pack





It probably doesn't come as much of a surprise that my two favourite London-based designers presented my two favourite Resort collections.

Jonathan Saunders presented a fun and vibrant citrus colour palette; with  simple silhouettes and clean lines punctuated by bold leafy prints. A great collection should inspire you and this sure as hell did - give me lemon and lime hues, neon organic prints and cinched-in waists (I'm going to need the sunglasses!).


I've admired Mary Katrantzou's work for some time but these prints are up there with My Favourite Prints of All Time. This woman is a God. Organic and structural themed patterns linked together seamlessly on jackets, dresses, tops and skirts of the simplest silhouettes. Contrary to previous sculptural seasons, everything seemed so instantly wearable. One singular piece paired with basics would make an epic statement but worn together, clashing prints, the clothes took on a life of their own to become works of art. 

Images - Style.com

Post a Comment