15 Apr 2013

The White Company




 I am definitely a candle girl. I dislike sitting in a brightly lit room and would much rather light a few candles in strategic positions around me to offer a warmer glow.

When I was approached by The White Company to write about how I would re-use the beautiful ceramic pots that their new range of candles sit in, I leapt at the chance!

The fresh thyme, eucalyptus, lavender and rosemary candle that I received smells like a dream! On these cold perpetual winter days, lighting it has given an aura of spring to my bedroom.






And as for how I would continue to use the pot after the wick has burnt its last flame?

A handy note enclosed with the candle explains how to correctly clean the ceramic pot for re-use.

The options are then endless!

I've been toying with the almost obvious idea of growing herbs in it on my kitchen window sill. However, I would quite like to keep the pot in my bedroom - either on my dressing table or besides the window.






I love to pick fresh wild flowers when out for a country stroll - it would make the perfect container for displaying a fresh burst of colourful blooms.

It's also the perfect depth for storing my ever-expanding collection of rings. 

Or on a slightly mumsy note - I could keep with the sweet smelling theme and add a handful of pot pourri to maintain a lovely Spring scent to the room.

If you are thinking of treating yourself to a luxurious candle, The White Company's ceramic range should definitely be top of your list. Not only do they smell fantastically fresh but the ceramic containers are re-usable - great for both your home and the environment!

*Please note that although this candle was sent to me as a gift, all thoughts in this post are entirely my own and not influenced in any way


1 comment

  1. such gorgeous photos :) love candles too - might have to invest in some of these!

    http://iamcollecting.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete