7 Sept 2013

NYFW Day 1


It's that time of year when my Instagram feed gets clogged up with photos taken at Fashion Week, I get insanely jealous and consider throwing my phone across the room so I don't have to look at all the FROW/street style/catwalk snaps.

I tend to lean towards the presentations by lesser known designers, rather than the big names catwalk shows. I like spotting a hidden gem. This season, Lyn Devon's collection caught my eye; minimal structures, boxy silhouettes, a refreshing colour palette, a splash of a vivid batik print. Devon cited the Sahara desert as her inspiration for the collection, with sandy tones and flowing silhouettes reminding her of a recent trip.

Whit has been a favourite of mine for a few seasons now. You can count on designer Whitney Pozgay to showcase a selection of fun and vibrant prints. For SS14, inspiration comes from a holiday to Bali and the resulting photographs by Greg Vore. Easy shirt dresses, tailored shorts and loosely-structured trousers prove the perfect canvas for colourful batik and tropical prints.

Don't forget your statement straw hat.


Post a Comment