28 Jul 2015

DOUBLE TAP STYLE // @ALYSSAINTHECITY


Hands up who else scrolls through their Instagram feed for inspiration when getting dressed in the morning? If you're anything like me, one reason to click 'follow' (besides awe-inspiring travel photos and an immaculately curated feed) is when you realise that you're coveting the outfits of a fellow 'grammer. In this new series of posts, I'm going to be profiling a selection of my favourite ladies to look to for style inspiration - kick starting with Refinery 29 fashion writer, Alyssa Coscarelli.

@alyssainthecity



So, what's to love about Alyssa's style? She taps into the latest trends, without looking like she's trying too hard, and whilst maintaining her own style. She's still rocking a dip-dye, which looks even better now every other girl's hair is no longer two-toned. Her minimal ear cartilage jewellery makes me want to poke numerous holes through my lobes and immediately imitate. She's mastered the dressed-down cool of a pair of dungarees in any season. She reminds me why I love wide-brimmed hats. She demonstrates how to wear smock dresses without looking frumpy (with heeled ankle boots and rolled up sleeves, FYI). Her monochromatic, predominantly white outfits inspire me to wear white in the city. Her choice of bag is an oversized tote. She layers an ethereal white lace dress over a black slip with boots and creates the perfect fusion of feminine and edgy. Follow: @alyssainthecity





Post a Comment