13 Jul 2015

TRAVEL // THE HIGHLANDS


It's funny how people crave to travel to the far flung corners of the globe, yet dismiss what is right there on their doorstep.
Canada, the Pacific North West, Scandinavia and a return to New Zealand have all been on my wish list for as long as I can remember - but I had never considered Scotland as a closer alternative. A weekend in Glasgow followed by a five day wild camping trip is all that it took for me to fall in love with this wild and rugged country, that is only a four hour drive from home. The scenery is nothing short of breathtaking, and comparable to those countries across the globe that I wish to visit. Staggering mountain ranges, wild flowers, mirror lakes, wild forests, endless lochs and beautiful wildlife all make Scotland a magical place that I will hopefully return to explore very soon.

All photos my own.



 

3 comments

  1. Wooooow! It really looks amazing! Would love to see more pics! I'm still deciding where to go on my holidays in september...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The highlands looks like such a beautiful place, would love to go there some when.
    Gracie
    graciesthoughts13.blogspot.com
    P.S At the moment I'm doing a photography challenge over on my blog, if anyone would like to join in hop over there.


    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks beautiful! Where did you go in the Highlands?

    ReplyDelete