3 Dec 2013

Leith Clark x Warby Parker

"I like the 1960s, librarians, nerdy girls. I like glasses you had when you were a kid—or that your dad wore when you were a kid—and wearing them now. I like Bergman. Big thick glasses on a little,tiny face. When there are etchings or engravings or magically-made materials I like pearls, brass, opera glasses.Everything being all violet.I like seeing the world with a pretty pink tint to it."
-Leith Clark

It's no secret that I adore everything that Leith Clark touches. Her unique feminine touch breathes life into the editorials that she styles for high-end publications including Vogue and Harper's Bazaar and her own magazine, Lula is my all-time favourite read.

When I received a heads-up that Leith has collaborated with uber-cool online eye-wear store Warby Parker, I leapt at the chance to preview the collection. Each pair of glasses encapsulates Leith's unmistakable style; with cats-eye, wayfarer and round-frame styles available in a variety of colours including pretty pastels and traditional tortoiseshell. Shot by Pamela Hanson, the look book images shown above feature model and actress Zoe Kazan - who coincidentally is the current cover star of Lula.

Available in both optical and sunwear options, the feminine frames are as whimsically named as one would expect: Marva, Greta, Aurora, Wednesday and Willow. Each style draws to mind a different 'character' and personality. Wednesday is a sultry gothic beauty, Marva is the fun-loving Lula girl, Willow is a charming intellectual, Greta is quietly romantic and Aurora is a retro beauty.

Personally, I would love to get my hands on the tortoiseshell Willow frames; the dynamic cats-eye glasses are a real statement silhouette and the soft shade would compliment my red hair. This style would look as awesome in the office as on a night out - adding interest to a reserved work-wear look or perfectly accompanying a vintage dress, bouffant hair and ankle boots.

For each pair of glasses sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need; with a percentage of each sale also going to Girl Up, a UN foundation raising awareness for UN programmes providing life-changing opportunities to girl's all around the world.

The glasses are available online and in store from today, December 3rd at Warby Parker.










Post a Comment