25 Oct 2013

Thoughts on Style








I have multiple fashion personalities. One day I will be head to toe vintage, the next I may wish to channel the nineties, today I'm full on Scandinavian blogger double-denim and a floppy hat. However, I will never be able to pull off the ultra-high-fashion minimal luxe look (due to lack of funds, lack of a stick thin body and lack of a model-esque face). But I sure as hell can admire it from afar. 

I love the idea of wearing loosely tailored mum jeans with Zara heels, of rocking a pair of Celine tartan pumps, of pulling off oversized culottes but alas it's not for me. When slicked back in a loose ponytail my hair looks horrific, my 28-year-old tummy should not be on display in a cropped top (although I have been known to wear one with a mega-high-waisted skirt) and my boyfriend would roll about on the floor laughing if I dared to wear leather joggers.

I think that these are the girls whose style I admire the most. These waifs who can rock the most unflattering of styles whilst still looking smoking hot. People like Camille and Andy and Evangelie deserve to have huge followings on their blogs because they are actually throwing something out there that makes us rethink what we call beautiful clothes.

Inspired by: Andy Heart, Camille Over the Rainbow, Hawaiian CoconutStyle Heroine, Zara, Phoebe Philo shot by David Sims. 

Post a Comment